Tips to Getting Your Bond Fully Refunded
We asked one of our Property Manager’s, Anna Molinaro from Blackburn, her tips for tenants on how to get their bond bully refunded. Here are her recommendations:
- Employ a professional cleaner and ask for a FULL vacate clean including windows inside and outside
- Ensure all rent is paid up until your vacate date and hand your keys back on time to avoid paying extra rent for the additional days
- Arrange a hard rubbish collection for the week before your vacate date to ensure the property is free from all rubbish and unwanted belongings. DO NOT leave anything in or outside the property. If in an apartment complex, ensure storage cage, carpark and garages/carports are empty.
- Always report maintenance to your agent throughout the tenancy to ensure that no money will be taken off your bond for repairs.
- Take your own photos at the commencement of your tenancy to avoid discrepancies.
- Keep a copy of your original condition report signed by you and your agent.
- Be patient, bonds won’t be refunded overnight.
- Ensure ALL keys and remotes/swipe cards are returned including additional copies.
- Ensure your garden, particularly lawn has been freshly mowed and weeded.
- Leave the property BETTER than you found it in
Remember to stay in touch with your Property Manager throughout the process, updating them on your confirmed leave date, who you’ll be using to clean the property and when you’ll be able to hand the keys back. If you are moving to a new rental property, it’s likely you’ve had to list your current Property Manager’s details on your application form. The first step of the process will be your potential new Property Manager placing a call to your current PM, so getting that positive rental reference is imperative. Ultimately though, if you do the right thing, you can’t go wrong!