Stockies Christmas Pudding Recipe
Stockies Christmas Pudding
Finish off your festive feast with this delicious, traditional favourite
Recipe by Neville Trimnell
3 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Grated rind 2 oranges
1 carrot grated
1 granny smith apple grated
1 cup brown sugar (firm)
2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Parisian Essence
1/2 cup brandy
- 1.Sift flour and spices together, rub in butter.
- 2.Wash and dry all fruit. Combine rind, carrot, apple, sugar and chopped almonds. Mix fruit lightly into flour.
- 3.Beat eggs with lemon juice and Parisian Essence. Stir into dry ingredients, alternating with brandy.
- 4.Dip cloth into very hot water and wring out. Cover cloth thickly with flour. Place cloth over large empty pudding basin. Spoon mixture into cloth and tie up.
- 5.Place pudding basin in a large pan with old plate in bottom of saucepan. Boil water. Cover 3/4 pudding with water. Cover and boil for 6 hours. Hang up cloth bag to air pudding.
- 6.On day of serving, boil water and submerge pudding for 2 1/2 hours.