Green Thumbs in Small Spaces
Do you have a small outdoor space which you are unsure what to do with? Never fear! Even the smallest of spaces can be utilised with a little creativity and some green fingers! The below tips are great when wanting to create a garden paradise with limited space.
- Channel your inner hipster and plant some fresh herbs in a few mason jars mounted on a wall. If you’re not handy with a hammer, get Dad involved or reach out to some handymen via Airtasker! https://www.airtasker.com/
- Have you moved into your new home and been lucky enough to inherit copious amounts of shoe space? Repurpose that now unused canvas shoe organiser with some freshly planted herbs instead of throwing it away.
- Recycle old wooden wine boxes with a selection of your favourite flowers. Flowers which don’t need a lot of space include the peace lily, African violet, marigold, begonia and the good old trusty cactus which even the least adept will struggle to kill.
- If you prefer a more practical approach to your garden, vegetables are also a great option. Shallots, garlic, kale and cherry tomatoes are all vegetables which will grow within cramped conditions.
- If simple is your game, Bunnings have a great range of hanging baskets which you can utilise with any of the above suggestions in mind. You simply need to purchase your basket of choice, some flowers or herbs, soil and plant away! Don’t forget the stylish watering can which is always required!
Regardless of the size of your budget, you have the ability to make your house feel like a home, and a green space is a great option as a relatively small project both timewise and pocket wise. We’d love to hear from you on what amazing things you’ve done with small spaces within your home.