5 tips for securing your rental property.
Vacancy rates are low and competition for rental properties high. Renters willing to take
a few extra steps to stand out as the best tenant place themselves in a better position to
secure their desired property.
- Rental properties can be snapped up quickly in today’s market. Once you spot a property of interest, don’t wait for the set inspection date. Contact the property manager immediately, as some are willing to arrange a private inspection – and accept an application sooner.
- Register for email alerts. Details will then be delivered to your inbox as soon as properties meeting your requirements are listed. Register easily and quickly with My Personal Agent at www.stockdaleleggo.com.au.
- Pre-inspection contact the office for a copy of application forms. Arrive at inspections well-dressed, confident and well-prepared with all necessary documentation, including rental, work and personal references (and easy access, via cleared funds, to the bond and first month’s rent). The sooner you make your application the better.
- Tenants are, generally speaking, selected according to their capacity to pay and previous rental record. Your application must not only prove you to be the best possible tenant, it must also be complete, legible and allow the property manager to easily access all necessary information. Follow up to ensure the appropriate person has received the application.
- After a day or so, make a courtesy phone call inquiring about the progress of the selection process, perhaps also tactfully highlighting the strongest points of your application. The aim, without being pushy, is to keep your name and application foremost in the property manager’s mind.