Selling? Questions to ask your agent.
After deciding to sell, the next most important decision you’ll make is who to entrust with the sale of your valuable asset. While it’s a big decision, it’s one that’s made much easier if you know the right questions to ask of your prospective agent. As well as collecting important facts and figures, you’ll also be able to assess the agent’s knowledge, personality and integrity.
A positive working relationship is paramount. It’s important to discuss:
- The agent’s knowledge of the local market
- Who the prospective buyers might be
- The agent’s access to ready buyers
- Recent comparable sales in the area
- Their auction clearance rate
- Any particular trends they’ve observed
- The sales method they recommend and why
- Their marketing plan for the property
- The cost of advertising
- The estimated selling price of the property
- The agent’s commission or fee
- Whether there are any additional costs
- The communication process between you
- The provision of additional related services
Be sure to read our free booklet “How to get thousands more for your home, without spending thousands” Ask us today for your copy.